Vesa Mita, DDS
Owner of the Dental Clinic Smile
Owner of the Dental Clinic Smile
After finishing Sami Frasheri High School in Prishtine, Kosove in 2002, Dr. Mita continued her education in the United States. In 2006, she obtained a BS (Bachelor of Science in Biological Science and Chemistry Minor) degree with honors (Magma Cum Laude) at Montclair State University in New Jersey, USA. After, Dr. Mita attended the prestigious University of Southern California School of Dentistry and graduated with a DDS (Doctor of Dental Surgery) degree in 2011. Dr. Vesa Mita is the only US licensed dentist, who works in Kosovo. She currently holds the right to practice dentistry in the State of California (issued by the Dental Board of California) and the western region of the USA.
- During her training, Dr. Mita experienced a lot of clinical work at the University of Southern California School of Dentistry treatment clinic, working with world renown professors of the field of dentistry.
- Dr. Mita was a member of a private non-profit humanitarian dental, medical and educational organization called AYUDA. With AYUDA, she not only provided dental treatment to the undeserved comunities of California, but also went internationaly to Panama. With the Ayuda team, she contributed in bringing awareness and treating the ones in need.
- During dental school Dr. Mita was the author of the research proposal “Structural Integrity of Laser Surface Treated Zirconia” with which study she, the co-author Dr. Fung, and their mentor prosthodontist Dr. Kim, won the USC faculty scholarship to conduct the study. Dr. Mita was involved in another study titled “Intra-Oral Tracer and its use in Dentulous Patients-Case Report”. These studies were presented on the USC research day in February 2011.
- Dr. Mita is a member of the ADA (American Dental Association), and Delta Sigma Delta Dental Fraternety.
- Dr. Mita was the Dentist director of the 9th Dental Explorers Program at USC in the summer of 2011. This program is a competitive and intensive dental summer camp where all of the students that attend get selected through their CV, backgrownd and interviews. The program provides a foundation of the field of dentistry to the students and has the goal of sharing the beautiful sides of dentistry between the lecturers and the students through hands on workshops, lectures and exams.
- From 2011 and on, Dr. Mita attended many dental conferences held in Prishtine (Kosovo), Tirane (Albania), Rome (Italy), Los Angeles (CA).
- Dr. Mita trained in Advanced Implant Therapy and Grafting in July 2015 at the Global Institute for Dental Education in Los Angeles.
- Since February 2016, Dr. Mita became a licensed provider of FASTBRACES technology, a modern and more efficient technology for straightening teeth. FASTBRACES is an American company with designed products to straighten teeth fast and achieve results sooner than through the conventional ways of orthodontics.
Dr. Mita build her own dental practice “Qeshu-Smile” in Prishtina which opened in 2012. Ever since then, Dr. Mita works full time there.
Durim Kurtolli, DDS
After finishing “Xhevdet Doda” high school in Prishtine, Kosove, Dr. Durim Kurtolli attended the University of Tirana, Faculty of Medicine and Dentistry, in Albania. Dr. Kurtolli graduated in 2010.
During his studies Dr. Kurtolli:
- Assisted at his fathers’ dental clinic in Prishtine. He gained assisting experience and also got introduced to all of the dental instrumentation and materials.
- Shadowed at a dental technitian laboratory “New Dent” in Prishtine.
From March 2011 until December 2014, Dr. Kurtolli worked full time at the Center of Family Medicine, a state clinic in Prishtine. During this period of time, he got to work on regular frequenting patients of the state clinic. Through time, he also got placed in night shifts, covering the only dental clinic in Kosovo with a 24/7 open schedule.
Dr. Kurtolli started his specialty in Prosthodontics in the fall of 2014 at the University of Prishtina, Kosovo. Aside from the specialty, he currently works full time at the Dental Clinic “Smile”.